The Inishbofin Community Services Programme respects your right to privacy and are committed to adhering to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). The Inishbofin Community Services Programme will be referred to interchangeably using the terms “Company”, “Our”, and “We”. This Privacy Statement will explain how the Company uses the personal data we collect from you. This is primarily directed to those who wish to contact us, make a booking with us in person, make a booking using our website, persons enquiring about our services, or persons obtaining general information.
Inishbofin Community Services Programme, Inishbofin Community Centre, Inishbofin, Co. Galway, H91 TC6C. This policy relates to all products, services, or events run by the Inishbofin Community Services Programme (CSP) including any that fall under the brand name Inishbofin Experiences.
What data do we collect?
Our Company collects the following data:
- Personal identification information: Name, email address, phone number, and credit or debit card details when you avail of our online services.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Our Company with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Book online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback in person, on our website or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
Our Company collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Email you tickets, confirm your order, and send you event reminders.
- Seek your opinion on our services.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- Analyse customer information to improve our services.
- Comply with any legal, contractual, and other lawful requests.
How do we store your data?
Our Company securely stores your data at the Inishbofin Community Centre, Inishbofin, Co. Galway, Ireland. Data is held on secure password protected computers, and in secured digital and hard copy files that are only accessible to Company management.
Our Company will keep your personal identification information for 3 years. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data by shredding any hard copy information and deleting any digital files until they are ‘beyond use’. This means all copies of the data will be removed from live and backup systems.
Our Company would like to send you information about products, services, and events. These emails will be primarily related to events you have already booked tickets for to remind you of dates and provide necessary information updates.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Our Company from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, you can:
1) Unsubscribe at the bottom of the emails
2) If you have an account, you can log in and change this in settings.
What are your data protection rights?
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request the Inishbofin Community Services Programme for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that the Inishbofin Community Services Programme correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that the Inishbofin Community Services Programme completes the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that the Inishbofin Community Services Programme erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that the Inishbofin Community Services Programme restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the Inishbofin Community Services Programme’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that the Inishbofin Community Services Programme transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us:
Call us at: 095 45989
Or email us at: [email protected]
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org
Cookies also enable us to:
- Keep you signed in
- Analyse engagement with Our website to improve performance
We do not disclose or sell information to third parties. If required by law, we may disclose your information to certain government bodies or legal agencies.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: [email protected]
Call us: 09545989
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Our Company has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Data Protection Commission.
Further Information can be found on their website https://www.dataprotection.ie/en/contact/how-contact-us
Who we are
Information collected and its use
The information we collect via the Website may include:
- Any personal details you knowingly provide us with through forms and our email, such as name, address, telephone number etc.
- In order to effectively process credit or debit card transactions it may be necessary for the bank or card processing agency to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Such information will not be transferred out of the EEA for any other purpose.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
- Your IP Address, this is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website. This information is used to monitor your usage of the Website.
We do not store any credit card details.
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:
- To process your order, to provide after sales service (we may pass your details to another organisation to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased and/or to provide after-sales service);
- In certain cases we may use your email address to send you information on our other products and services. In such a case you will be offered the option to opt in/out before completing your purchase.
We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use the Website and issuing our e-mails for us. Third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.
Some of the information stored is put there by other companies whose software we have added to the site, and this can also impact your experience of other websites you may visit after leaving ours.
If you continue to use this site without taking action to prevent the storage of this information, you are effectively agreeing to this use.
If you want to learn more about the general uses of cookies, including how to stop them being stored by your computer, please visit Cookiepedia – all about cookies.
Below is a list of the different types of cookies used on this site, and an explanation of what they are used for. If you would like any more information, please get in touch.
|Shopping Basket||PHPSESSID||24 minutes||This cookie is used to keep track of what items are in a user’s shopping basket.|
|Cookie Consent||dtAnalyticsConsent||1 year||This cookie is used to monitor the users consent for analytical cookies on our site. No user data is collected without this being enabled.|
|2 years||These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Read Google’s overview of privacy and safeguarding data
|New Relic||__cfduid||1 year||This cookie is used to collect information about visitor’s experience of the site in terms of performance. This helps us to monitor that our systems are working quickly and effectively, and to identify any problematic areas.
Visit the New Relic website
You have the right to request a copy of any information that we currently hold about you. In order to receive such information please send your contact details including address to the following address:
Inishbofin Community Services Programme
Inishbofin Community Centre, Inishbofin Island, Co. Galway, Ireland.