Inishbofin’s Must-See Spots
Join us on one of our guided walks to discover the history of our island, take in magnificent sea formations, explore ancient ruins, and experience life like a local.
Inishbofin Walking Tours are here to ensure you get to the heart of our local culture and reach some of the must-sees on the island.
Your expert guide is a local historian and archaeologist and is there to answer any of your questions.
|Child (Age 12 – 16):||€16|
|Family ticket (2 adults and 2 kids):||€80|
|Kids under 12 go free!|
Need To Know
- You will need to make sure you have purchased your Inishbofin Ferry ticket to get you to our island location.
Book Ferry Ticket
- Daytime walks are scheduled so that you can join our tours directly after your arrival and then still have time for food or exploring the island yourself before your ferry back to the mainland.
- Please check the time of walks before booking as some are specifically scheduled for visitors who will be staying overnight on the island.
- All tours leave from the flag located outside the Community Centre. Once you arrive off the ferry you will be able to see the flag from the pier. Look out for ‘Inishbofin Experiences’ signposts to guide you if needed.
- Please bring appropriate walking gear and bring weather appropriate clothing for the tours.
Please check the difficulty and read the description of each walk before booking to ensure you are suited to the walk and know what to expect.
Inishbofin Walking Festival 2024
17 - 19 May 2024
Join us for the Inishbofin Walking Festival and experience the landscape, wildlife, history, and craic that Inishbofin has to offer.
From seaweed to sunsets, to coastal formations and 17th century forts; You are sure to enjoy a wide variety of walks while learning about Inishbofin’s unique landscape and history.
Weekend Pass: €51 (incl. breakfast)
Suitable For: Adults who are physically fit and able to walk for longer periods of time over rough terrain. Interest in adventure and hiking.
What to Bring: Weather appropriate clothing, suitable walking shoes or boots with good grip and a small backpack with water and snacks. If you have binoculars and a torch, we also recommend bringing them.